Thursday, October 16, 2008

16 week check up

I had my 16 week check up with my midwife and everything checked out great. When my midwife checked for a heartbeat with the doppler she said "no wonder you've been feeling your baby already! She's all over the place." We heard the wonderful sound of a strong heartbeat (150) but it never lasted too long. My midwife had to keep moving the doppler to find the baby again. I go back on November 13th for my 20 week ultrasound.

Another update is that I've recently found a doula. I'll be honest, when I was pregnant with Sean I couldn't imagine hiring someone to be there for the birth of my child. However, now I know what a help someone who really understands birth(that it's not an emergency but a normal event) and knows how to help make the pain more manageable can be. She'll also help me figure out the best (safest) thing to do if something comes up during labor. Also, even just knowing her for a couple of weeks she's no longer a stranger that's going to be in the room with me but a friend. We see eye to eye on so much and I really feel comfortable with her. I also have about 5 more months to continue to get to know her before my baby gets here. I can't wait for this baby's birth because I just know it's going to be much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment