Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My trip to Labor and Delivery...

This morning I woke up to bright red blood...a very scary site when you're pregnant! So I call my doctor and he says it's probably just my bloody show but to go to labor and delivery to get checked out. I went, got hooked up to all the monitors and was told that yes, it was just my bloody show and I'll probably go into labor soon. I was sent home because my contractions weren't very strong. At the hospital I was still 2 centimeters but I was 80% effaced and Peanut was in the -1 station...stations indicate how far down the baby is: -3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3...-3 being the highest and 3 being ready to come out. When I went to my doctor's appointment today at 4:00, I was still 2 centimeters, 80% effaced but this time Peanut was at the 0 station. He's making some progress!! The doctor brought up induction...he wanted to go ahead and schedule one for next Tuesday...but saying he doesn't expect me to make it that long. With that only being my due date, nothing wrong with Peanut or me, the risk of a C-section (increases when you're induced) and the fact I want a natural birth (being induced means not being able to walk around), I told him that I didn't want to be induced that early. He was completely fine with that. I have an appointment for next Wednesday (if I make it that long) and then we'll schedule an induction for a week later. ...so at the latest Peanut will be here in 2 weeks...though most likely much earlier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment