Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tiny Dancer

Another first this week was Sean's first dance class. For weeks now, this has been all Sean can talk about. "I dance in my classroom." was heard very often! It started out well. Before we left the house, he was so excited.
Photobucket

He was still very excited when we got there.
Photobucket

Then it was time to go to class and mommy to leave the room... He screamed... I tried coaxing him into class but he wasn't going by himself. The teacher then suggested that I come with him and then gradually slip away. So we sat. He at first wouldn't leave my lap. Then he was sitting by himself. Then he was sitting/standing on the dance floor. Progress! Slow, but still, he made progress!

Photobucket

We go back next Saturday. I'll hope for the best but prepare for the worst. My hope is for him to atleast get up and dance with the class...even if I can't leave the class. I know if he can just get comfortable there, he'll have a blast!

Oh, and of course as I'm buckling him in the car, he screams and cries "I want to dance!" ..sigh..

No comments:

Post a Comment