Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Allergy scare

I got it from my mom and Sean got it from me; being allergic to bug bites that is. But I would have never expected to find out like we did last night!

We had gone shopping and Sean had fallen asleep in the car. So it wasn't a surprise when he was cranky when we got there and he woke up. But then he kept saying "you hurt me!" when Richard would pick him up. When we got home, he didn't want to walk and didn't want to bend his knees. I asked him to stand while I took his pants off to look at his knees and he cried. His knees were swollen, red and hot to the touch. I had him lay in my lap with ice on his knees and tried to think of anything that could have caused this. Then it hit me to call my cousin, a nurse. I told her what was going on and she said to call the on call doctor. But then she asked if he had been bitten by anything. I had seen a flea once or twice lately so it was likely. I took a look at his knees again. The ice had brought the redness and swelling down a little and I then could see several bites on each knee. She suggested I give him Benadryl and Motrin and to keep an eye on him. This morning he woke up like nothing had happened. Now that it's in my mind, I'm noticing more and more bites on him. Now to treat all the animals...

His knees last night after being iced:
Photobucket

I noticed his face looked really bad today too..I swear it didn't look like that yesterday!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! With Char's allergies she definitely has reactions to mosquito bites, she's never been bitten by a flea that I know of, and I'm scared to death of her being stung by a bee :(
    I can't believe there are fleas out since it's been so cold! Hope you're able to get rid of them all!

    ReplyDelete