Friday, February 18, 2011

In her own time

Months ago I started being told by people that it was time to get Maddy out of our bed. It was time for her to be in her own room. I mistakenly ignored my mommy instinct and what Maddy was telling me and agreed with them. We got her a bed and tried having her sleep in her room. Surprise! It didn't work.

Then I found this blog post at the beginning of January. It clicked! A light bulb went off. What was I doing!? We were all content with her in our bed. Why was I listening to others and trying to solve a problem that didn't exist!? We welcomed her back into our bed and things we're going great. She even started sleeping more in the twin bed that is sidecarred to our bed.

Then this week came.. All of a sudden she's asking "nurse bed? me bed!?". Meaning she wants to nurse in bed so she can go to sleep and she wants to sleep in her bed! Whoa! Where did that come from!? She's now starting the night in her bed and joining us in our bed around 4:00am. ...to be honest, I'm glad she (and Sean) sneak into our bed in the early morning. I love my morning snuggles and am not ready to give them up.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this sometimes - trying to block out what I am "supposed" to do with my son versus what he is telling/showing me needs to be done. I am glad things are working out!

    ReplyDelete