Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Recipe: Blueberry Crumb Bars

Photobucket
What an easy dessert!
The recipe can be found here.

The ingredients:
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 3 cups Flour
  • 1 cup Shortening
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)
  • 1 pinch Ground cinnamon (optional)
  • 4 cups Fresh blueberries
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3 teaspoons Cornstarch

The recipe says that the dough would be crumbly. It sure was!!

I also learned that you should be very gentle when pressing it into the pan. The places that were pressed harder were very hard after being baked.

Other than the hard bottom layer (which was my mistake, not the recipe's), it was very good!! I plan on trying this again with other fruits.

Photobucket


Stay up to date by following me on twitter @MamaDaniBlog or "liking" my Facebook page. New followers: Welcome! Please leave a comment to let me know how you found my blog so that I can follow you back!

2 comments:

  1. looks and sounds great. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. following you from Monday Monkey blog hop.
    come and check out my blog.
    Minta
    http://www.mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete