Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Recipe: Trail Mix

I have a tendency for my blood sugar to drop (hypoglycemia) and it's worse when I'm pregnant. So, when I'm pregnant, I try harder to eat well and to eat often to avoid problems. Healthy snacks are not as easy as meals, especially if you're looking to keep your budget under control. Today I decided to make some trail mix that I could munch on between meals.

I didn't use specific quantities of these ingredients. I just eye balled it.
  • Dried blueberries
  • Almonds
  • Walnuts
  • Granola
  • Chocolate chips (dark chocolate would have been best but I went with semisweet)

Photobucket



Stay up to date by following me on twitter @MamaDaniBlog or "liking" my Facebook page. New followers: Welcome! Please leave a comment to let me know how you found my blog so that I can follow you back!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I love trail mix and haven't made it in a while!

    I followed from the Lots of Lovin hop. Please follow back:

    Full Cart Full Wallet

    ReplyDelete