Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 39 weeks

I'm 39 weeks today. It won't be long before we meet Jellybean!! Amazingly, I'd still say I'm feeling pretty good. Just lots of pressure because he/she is so low. My hips were starting to hurt more by the time it had been a week since I've seen the chiro so I'm back to seeing them twice a week.
null

A couple of weeks ago, nesting started really kicking in. It was worse than it was with either of the other two. But needless to say, I think we're ready! We have a carseat installed in the van, everything we need for the baby has been bought, the newborn cloth diapers are all washed and prepped, birth kit is bought and since baby listened and didn't come before Christmas, the tree is down and the living room is back to normal. We also finally did something I wanted to do with each pregnancy, we made a belly cast. I also got a new camera for Christmas so hopefully now there's a better chance of me having labor/birth pictures. ...my old one was on it's last leg.

I wasn't sure if I was going to make this post. I've had braxton hicks contractions for a while and I get them very often. But that's nothing new because I had lots of them for weeks before having Sean and Maddy. However, nice and early yesterday morning (about 1:00) I woke up to painful contractions. I've only had that happen twice and that was the beginning of my other two labors. They were roughly 10 minutes apart. I could doze between them but woke up as soon as one started. I got a little excited. Then an hour and a half later they were much further apart and I started sleeping through them. Next thing I know Maddy was waking me up at about 6:00. I stayed crampy for the first part of the day so I continued to think maybe it was the beginning of things. Nope! It's all gone! I've barely even had braxton hicks contractions today. I feel really good today. Nesting even calmed down a ton. I'd be happy to just lounge around all day. Hubby called to check on me at lunch and when I told him that, he mentioned maybe it's the calm before storm. We shall see!!

Other big news is we've picked and announced names!
Jellybean will either be Ethan Zayne or Emily Noelle.
null



Stay up to date by following me on twitter @MamaDaniBlog or "liking" my Facebook page. New followers: Welcome! Please leave a comment to let me know how you found my blog so that I can follow you back!
© Mama Dani's Musings

3 comments:

  1. Great names! Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love those names! I wish you an easy labor, congrats! And Happy New Year. =)

    ReplyDelete