Friday, January 12, 2018

Fitness Friday: Finding What Works

I have blogged on this topic many times. When it comes to weight loss you just have to find what works for you. It's different for everyone....heck I think it's different for everyone at different points in your life. I have found something that works for me for now. Right now, that's the Ketogentic Diet, Keto for short. Keto is fairly simple. You keep your carbs under 20g a day. The rest of your diet is mostly fat with moderate protein. That's it! Simple. But Simple doesn't always mean easy. Giving up carbs is tough in this carb rich world we live in. The first week was hell but it has gotten easier....quite a bit easier. I started the Keto diet at the beginning of last November and in those 2 months I have lost 18 pounds and 2+ inches from my waist (plus because I didn’t measure till a month in)!! I'm pretty stoked about that! I have a Facebook group for anyone on the Keto diet or anyone interested in the Keto diet. Come join us if you'd like! Ketogenics "Anonymous"

Top: Nov. 2017 ~ Bottom: Jan. 2018
So, What do I eat??? I have been tracking my food on the You Ate app (the link brings you to my log). Most of the time I keep it simple. The first picture is breakfast recently: bacon, Gouda and coffee (with stevia, heavy whipping cream, and sugar free Starbucks vanilla syrup). Second picture is little smokies wrapped in bacon. Yum!!


As I got use to the diet I started trying recipes that made foods Keto friendly.
Flourless Avocado Brownies: These are just amazing. I added sugar free chocolate chips to mine.
Green Bean Casserole: I changed up the linked recipe. I took out the dried onions and the soy sauce. I added crumbled bacon and used more cheese.

Keto Pancakes: These are so simple and so good! 2 ingredients: egg and cream cheese....that's it!! One of the times I made these I added a splash of vanilla extract and a little ground cinnamon. Butter and Swerve confectioners sweetener is amazing on top!





Pin It
Please comment below! I'd love to hear from you! 

© Mama Dani's Musings

Other places to find me:
Twitter: Made By Mama Dani
Instagram: MamaDani
Facebook: Made By Mama Dani
My Etsy Shop: Made By Mama Dani
Pinterest
Feedburner Or subscribe by email (on sidebar)

No comments:

Post a Comment